Views the MSM doesn't want you to see...

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Life

~





I can't help but wonder what all of this legal hairsplitting has to do with honesty. So much talk about days & trimesters, as if the time of a life is germane to it's value. Were it a day or nine months or a century, I believe that life is precious, to be protected and valued.

The simple truth is that an embryo is life, and to willfully cause the death of that life in any way is murder. We can rationalize, justify and explain, we can pass laws and have great debates, yet we know the truth in our heart of hearts.

The real truth is that as we continue down the road of eroding personal responsibility, we look for ways to "undo" our rash, irresponsible behavior. Above all, we have a need to legitimize our behavior. Accordingly, laws have been passed that profess to give a woman a right over her own body, when in fact, we know it's an abdication of personal responsibility. There are and can be extenuating circumstances, but as a percentage of abortions, they are very small and these alone should be the exceptions (rape-incest).

So many times, I have held a newborn and marveled, wondered at the beauty, hope and promise of that child. Holding a child is a privilege and a beautiful experience that never ceases to amaze me. I can't help but to be dismayed that we condone and protect by law, the right to cease life with the justification that an embryo or child still inside the mother is her affair alone.

When I think about a physician drilling or punching a hole into the skull of a child still inside the womb, sucking out the brain matter and other grisly details, I can't help but wonder what has happened to us. How did we ever get this way? Just because we don't want a child now, because it doesn't suit our lifestyle?

I don't think it signifies whether or not you call yourself an agnostic, a believer in Christ, Allah or some other supreme being. What I do believe is that we all know the sanctity of life. As a simple man, I care for the wild creatures, both furred & feathered, that are injured or in need. I know pain and need when I see it. I don't need laws to guide me on recognizing suffering or the right and wrong of life.

As a combat veteran, I have taken lives and saved lives without hesitation or doubt. According, I can assure you that when you "play God" there are fearful, forever consequences. I came to realize that as I had no power to give life, I had no right to take it without a real need to save other lives. Even that is in doubt sometimes and I don't profess to know the answers. Hardly a night goes by that I don't wake up in a cold sweat, alone in the dark, facing the reality of my life.

Be as it may, there is no doubt in my mind that a child, whether an embryo or toddler, is a gift of immortality that we must protect at all costs. We can convene, discuss, vote and pass acres of laws, printed neatly with wise edgings, yet none of this will gainsay the simple laws of truth. We can blind ourselves, but not time & truth.

If we do not truly value the child, then we do not value life itself. Choose wisely.

Contributed by: RyanDonavon

No comments: